Monday, June 17, 2013

Nail Polish Tag


I found this tag on Tumblr awhile ago and had it bookmarked for months, but never got around to actually doing it. I decided to give it a shot on this new blog today - I incorporated some fashion things here and there, too, so hopefully you'll gain some more insight into my style! Enjoy - I tag you!

1. What is your favorite nail polish company?
I really like the MAC polishes, but they don't have many colors and they're not available in drugstores, which makes them harder to get my hands on. Speaking from the few I do own, I absolutely love them; the colors are true to the bottle, the consistency is great, and they don't chip easily!
2. Glitter or no glitter?
Glitter is nice once in awhile when I'm feeling fancy! For a casual day in jeans and a t-shirt, though, I prefer either a solid color or a little glitter at the tips.
3. OPI, China Glaze, or Essie?
I'd have to go with Essie - I love their pastels!
4. When do you change your nail polish?
I'm super OCD, so whenever my polish starts to chip, I have to remove it. I usually go about 1 or 2 weeks bare between manicures, so I probably change my nail polish around 2 times a month.
5. What’s your favorite color on your nails?
I really like Butter London's Cheeky Chops (a yellow) and OPI's Strawberry Margarita, particularly during the summertime. I think the bright colors are great when paired with a cute, bright bikini for a day at the beach!
6. Darks or brights?
I'm not really a huge fan of black nail polish, but I do like burgundy, crimson, navy, and lighter grey shades in the winter. The sun outside right now is influencing me to say brights, though! I'm head-over-heels in love with bold colors on my nails paired with a delicate ring or necklace.
7. What are you wearing on your nails right this moment?
Butter London's Cheeky Chops! It's a magnificent yellow.
8. Matte nails, in or out?
For me personally, out. I think matte nails look great on some people, but they're not for me!
9. French manicure?
I love french manicures, especially for formal events; it's a classic and you can't go wrong. I don't get them done often, though, because I tend to associate them more with weddings and prom, and stick to my brights for a shopping day.
10. Favorite color for each season?
During the winter, definitely blues! I love navy, snow white, and crystal blue shades of polish. For the fall, a combination of toned-down reds, oranges, and yellows. In the spring, I especially like pastels (lilac purple and mint green were my obsessions three months ago), and in the summer I love yellows, pinks, and Tiffany blue! My seasonal loves are all inspired mainly by nature.


4 comments:

  1. I've actually never tried the MAC nail polishes but maybe I will! I do really like some of their colors. Great tag, I think I may do it too! :)

    -Sandra,
    backto--neverland

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute! I need to do my nails like this!
    Didn't even know MAC did polishes too!! I've just bought a lipstick and foundation from them and they are both divine.

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tag was super fun to read because I'm a little (well a lot) addicted to nail polish <3 I like glitter nail polish too, but they are such a pain to remove!

    I enjoyed this post I'm now following you :) Can't wait to read more in the future!
    xoxo -B ♡
    http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute post! I loved to read through all of your answers! I haven't tried any Mac polishes before, but I think I might have to soon! I always have troubles with my nail polish chipping less than a day after I paint them! Anyways, I loved this, and I think I will be doing it on my blog soon! Thank you!
    xoxo,
    Jaclyn
    Written in Fashion

    ReplyDelete